Why Buy An Electric Bike?
- 40% of all car trips in the US are made within 2 miles of home
- 60% of the pollution created by cars happens in the first few minutes of operation, before pollution control devices work effectively
- The US could save 462 million gallons of gas a year by boosting bicycle trips just half a percentage point: from 1% to 1.5% of all trips
- Electric bikes are not meant to replace traditional bikes. They will replace short car trips and get more people moving.
- For a 100 mile trip the operating cost for an electric bike will be around 27 cents.
- For a 100 mile trip by car at 20 MPG it will cost $15 just for the gas. That’s 55 times as much!
- A car getting 20 MPG adds 22 pounds of Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere! That’s over 1 pound per mile—more than 13,000 pounds a year for every 12,000 miles.
- Electric bikes bring a total change of perspective. They can be seen in one of two general ways: mild exercise and/or transportation.
Go Green! Get one of Becky's Bikes! Stop in for a test ride!